This gold quilt is the one I found at our recycling center where they were selling the tattered quilt as $2 dog bedding. I call it Golden Sunrise because even in its pitiful condition I could see the beauty of this dramatic two color quilt! One edge was ragged and much of the batting was popping out. I used tulle to cover those spots and cut off the ragged edge and applied a new binding. I have every reason to believe this is an Arkansas quilt since I got it here in Madison County, Arkansas. I probably spent over twenty hours restoring this quilt because it was a found treasure I wanted to live with. Paula M
This gold quilt is the one I found at our recycling center where they were selling the tattered quilt as $2 dog bedding. I call it Golden Sunrise because even in its pitiful condition I could see the beauty of this dramatic two color quilt! One edge was ragged and much of the batting was popping out. I used tulle to cover those spots and cut off the ragged edge and applied a new binding. I have every reason to believe this is an Arkansas quilt since I got it here in Madison County, Arkansas. I probably spent over twenty hours restoring this quilt because it was a found treasure I wanted to live with.
ReplyDeletePaula M