Friday, November 26, 2010

Victoria's Visit


Our Rebels member from NYC, Victoria, visited yesterday! Here she is, showing us her grandmother's quilt. We loved hearing the story about how her grandmother hand-sewed scraps onto a bed sheet.



Every piece was so intriguing. Lots of good contrast and polyester double knit. We also got to see some of V's new projects. What a generous bunch of inspiration Victoria brought to Seattle.
Thank you, Victoria!!

6 comments:

  1. the quilt - absolutely beautiful

    the dog's head - PRICELESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to meet everyone, and to see all your lovely quilts!! So much talent in one room!!! Fabulous!!! Thanks Rebels for a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am green with envy!!! THank you for sharing NIFTY so I can pretend I was there celebrating stories and V!!! So glad you could all get together! Love the quilt. Love, EM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am double green with envy!!! Really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....and a good time was had by all!!! Wish I was there. My grandmother made quilts and I remember when a child and sick I got a quilt on my bed and daydreaming about all the fabrics in the quilt. Unfortunately, my Mom thought they would be machine washable.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete