Monday, November 22, 2010

Color Inspiration for Corduroy Quilt

Thrift market sweater ($4.99) found 3 days before workshop on using solid fabrics with Gwen Marston in Sisters, OR. It is hand knit of a soft wool, in my size! The design feels South American to me.

4 comments:

  1. How come I don't ever find sweaters like this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow , its beautiful
    I JUST LOVE these colors! I may have to print out a picture of this sweater and when I get to go to Pa next month fabric shopping buy solids like this as well. Lucky me I will be meeting up with Sajata hopefully.
    Your quilt has me very inspired to make an all solid quilt.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathie,
    I can not wait to go shopping with you!
    Buffy will have to frame that sweater and preserve it forever! It is even more beautiful in person.
    Bonnie,
    Buffy and Nifty are just too lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a sweater! My experience is the more you check in at you favorite thrift shops, the more your luck increases. Hope to see you wearing it here in Arkansas before too long.

    ReplyDelete