Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Buffy: Japanese Fabric Sampler Quilt, 41"x52"

































Fabrics were a gift from my friend and mentor, Lorene.  She collected them in the early 90s, when the Japanese fabrics were first available.  Hand quilted, including ESS--every stinkin' seam.  That quilting doesn't show, because seams had been pressed open.

3 comments:

  1. I love your quilt. I love the fabric but I mostly love your ESS. I will never forget what it stands for. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful way to feature those elegant fabrics--I'd forgotten how dramatic the simple snowball block can be. The secondary design created by the corner triangles adds to the complexity and keeps the eye moving. I especially like how you handled the borders. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, this is a beautiful quilt! Hand quilting is good sometimes. It keeps me going when there is nothing else to work on. I have collected few pieces of Japanese fabrics but never made a quilt out of them. This is a nice pattern to showcase those prints.

    ReplyDelete