Monday, February 11, 2013

Scraps/Strips Therapy Quilt, 19"x24.5"

Started to relieve stress of trying to piece handwoven Guatemalan fabrics.  Used scraps from that project and just started sewing.  Top finished in one afternoon and evening.  "It just made itself."  Reminds me of great trip we took to the Guatemalan Highlands about 4 years ago.  Prints by Alexander Henry.  Guatemalan fabrics from Goodwill.

7 comments:

  1. Just wonderful! It takes your eye around and around. That last binding adds exclamation points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love the orange in it. Bottom triangles looks like folded handkerchiefs. That Alexander Henry is never disappointing.
    And you always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quilts that just make themselves. Your fabric combos are quirky and wonderful. Very pleasing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice, the colors, the fabric are such a great combination. Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing - I got the South American feel from the picture before I read the words. Wonderful combination of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!! No other words to express how delightful and crazy this one looks. It does have a personality, huh?

    ReplyDelete