Front and back are cotton sateen. Bias binding. Very fine hand quilting and piecing.
Price was $13, but she requested discount because it was soiled, and bought it for $9, in the U district Goodwill in Seattle. Full bed size. Washed beautifully.
This reminds me of the days when I used to shop at goodwill in Redmond. Mondays were good days because all items with a particular tag would be .99 cents. My friends have bought sewing machines that way.. It was fun! I am glad this quilt found a nice home.
I call that Irish Luck! Better than winning the Irish Sweepstakes; (oops, that dates me)
ReplyDeleteWhat a bargain! I agree with Helen, Irish luck.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm part Irish (way back). I like the yellow.
it's good the quilt found it's way to someone who appreciates it. Lois
ReplyDeleteI am so incredibly jealous. that is way to funny that she got it for less, than LESS!
ReplyDeleteGood spotting!!!
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of the days when I used to shop at goodwill in Redmond. Mondays were good days because all items with a particular tag would be .99 cents. My friends have bought sewing machines that way.. It was fun!
ReplyDeleteI am glad this quilt found a nice home.
Patty got the buy of the year! It's lovely. I'm glad she "saved" it.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh... what an incredible find!
ReplyDeleteWow! An amazing find!
ReplyDelete