Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nifty Quilts "15" of fun", queen size quilt

She started with a 5 sided scrap, and added to it randomly, and pulled scraps blindly from scrap box. To my eye: great use of white and dark darks to make it sparkle. Also note the stripes and polka dots for fun.

6 comments:

  1. I think you just convinced me to make a block a day ok in 15 min a day
    how fun would that be?
    I have a big scrap basket I could use
    Love how the lime green and the orange (cheddar!) pop out at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the complete randomness. I find myself looking for colors or rejecting others when I made my first two blocks. I'm going to try and work on picking fabrics without editing because this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my FAV's! the colors are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay.. anytime I am down, all I need to do is visit here.. This just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, I'm hooked - and found that using up all those scraps that I have been saving can REALLY make something cool!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Beth in Dallas

    ReplyDelete